Thursday, January 18, 2007

Oversteer

I was driving down from Kg Subang to Klang using my brother's spanking awesome Proton Gen-2, known for it's awesome handling at corners. I was driving on one of the back roads to Klang, and was driving at 130km/h on a part that of the road that was straight. I arrived at a junction where I was supposed to turn left into, the junction that leads to Meru.

Downshifting from 5th to 4th, then to 3rd, I slowed the car down a bit (should've downshifted straight to 3rd) then took the corner. remembering that it's a bad idea to step on the brakes in a corner, i let my foot off the brakes and, as my close friend had taught me, put it lightly on the accelerator pedal.

the car oversteered, it's back throwing way further than the 90 degree turn it's supposed to take. I actually had to steer to the right to get it straightened on the road.

My first real oversteer. stupid small school drift as you may call it.

Before i only had minor oversteers, ones that make your tires squeal, but not enough to throw the car off. this time was awesome. pushing the limits is always awesome. I love my bro's car. Awesome...

Apai, sorry la wey, i enjoy it too much la...

3 comments:

a said...

hampes aku tak leh nak ikut, ooo lenjan kete aklu till kau wat drift .... nak wat lagi tak ? jum masuk sepang tenok tahan tak kau layan kat dalam tuh

Anonymous said...

oh perhaps u could get the new pak aji to bring back the slick yellow car and give it a spin. Ada brani?

Kak Yeen

Acap said...

hehe.. bring it on... BRING IT ON!!! :)